Plan to join us for a Fall Festival the whole family will enjoy!
What: Frog Pond’s 7th Annual Fall Festival – Celebrating the Year of the Flood!
Where: 7204 Harrison Lane, Alexandria VA 22306
When: Saturday, October 22, 10 am – 12 noon
Suggested donation: $5
This family friendly festival will offer entertainment, light food and drink along with arts, crafts and other kid-friendly activities. Food will include culinary delights from the homelands of our multicultural staff – including bread made on an outdoor stove made of stones!
Kids will enjoy facing painting, natural (temporary) henna tattoos, pumpkin decorating, a tire rolling contest and more. All will enjoy our drum circle, story telling and tours of the property and grounds. Additional activities to be announced.
This year we celebrate how our current families, alumni families, and community supporters rallied to overcome the TIDES that came through our building and destroyed our lower level classroom in January 2016. We could not be here without so many of you. Please plan to visit, see the restored classroom, and celebrate how Frog Pond has always kept its head above water, since 1998 and counting!
Who Should Come?
- Families of currently enrolled students, including siblings, grandparents, aunts and uncles
- Frog Pond alumni and former staff members and their families
- Prospective families who want to learn more about Frog Pond and why we are “The Natural Choice”
- Community members, contributors, supporters and volunteers
How Can You Can Help
We are currently seeking community partners, sponsors and donors to help make this event a success. Donations are tax-deductible and donations above $250 will be listed on our website and upcoming mailings.
Donations of all sizes are appreciated and can be sent to the address listed above. You can also donate online by using the “Donate” button in the right column of this page. Services/items can also be donated for the Silent Auction.
We could use a few extra hands to help with…
- Set up and clean up on the day of the event
- Managing a specific activity, such as face painting, silent auction and raffle
- Coordination and logistics
- Advertising and promotion
For more information regarding any of these opportunities, please contact Gail Dickert at Gail@FrogPondKids.org